We’re happy to announce a new feature in Immigo – Company Invoicing. If a client wants one consolidated invoice of all fees on their cases for the month, for example, this can now be created from the Company Record.
If you have any questions, please get in touch!
The Dubai Creative Clusters Authority (DCCA) free zone has removed the Internal Visa Transfer option for foreign employees transferring to a new employer within the DCCA. Employees in this situation now need to use the “Government Transfer” option, which requires a medical test (unlike the Internal Visa Transfer option).
Meanwhile, in Abu Dhabi, the original Emirates ID of the sponsor is now required in support of visa applications for dependent family members. The immigration authorities scan the original Emirates ID to check whether the sponsor is currently out of the country, and reject the application if the sponsor is not in the UAE at the time of application submission.
Read more here:
UNITED ARAB EMIRATES – Process Changes in Abu Dhabi and Dubai Creative Clusters Authority
On 31 October 2017, Switzerland and the United Arab Emirates (UAE) signed an agreement (a “Memorandum of Understanding”) on the short-stay visa waiver for holders of ordinary passports.
As nationals of each country could already travel visa-free to the other, there are likely to be few if any noticeable changes as a result of the agreement.
Read more here:
UNITED ARAB EMIRATES / SWITZERLAND – Short-Stay Visa Waiver Agreement Signed
Effective immediately, Indian nationals holding a 14-day visa on arrival, issued on the basis of a valid US visa or Green Card, cannot change status to another visa type, such as a tourist, business or employment visa, while in the UAE.
Indian nationals in this situation who wish to change status need to exit and re-enter UAE with a tourist, employment or business visa.
Read more here:
UNITED ARAB EMIRATES – Indian Nationals Under 14-Day Visa on Arrival May Not Change Status
This news alert was prepared using information provided by Move One.
Please note that we have made a few cosmetic changes to the Company profile.
You will notice a new tab called “Billing Details” which pulls in a number of fields from the Company Details tab and includes a new field for “Invoice Preference”. For existing companies, the Invoice Preference will be defaulted to ‘per case’.
When creating new companies, please ensure you still indicate on the Company Details tab whether it is a billing company. If not, then under Billing Details, you’ll need to select the appropriate company. All other relevant billing details should be completed on the new Billing Details tab.
Please let us know if you have any questions!
We are happy to announce that we have made a small enhancement to Immigo.
Document Versioning is now available on documents in the Relationship tabs for both Companies and Suppliers in Immigo (previously it was available only on Applicant and Company Supporting Documents).
Examples of documents we may have in the Relationship tab of the Company or Supplier for which Document Versioning would be useful are:
- Supplier or client fee schedules which are reviewed annually
- Contracts that need to be renewed periodically
- Review documents or data for either a client account review or a supplier performance review
(Tip: Use the Notifications feature to set a Task notification for when these documents need to be reviewed)
Here’s how to use Document Versioning. It works exactly the same way on the Relationship tab as it does for Applicant and Company Supporting Documents, so you should be familiar with it already, but as a reminder:
- Go to the Relationship tab of the Company or Supplier and click “Edit” in the version column;
- Once you’ve clicked edit, a new window will appear showing you all previous versions of the document and allowing you to “create new version”;
- Click “Create New Version” and a new document ID will appear; you can edit the name, description, date received and expiry date and can upload a new file;
- Clicking “Back to Company” or “Back to Supplier” (or, on the Applicant tab, “Back to Applicant”) will take you back to the Company (or Supplier or Applicant) profile where you will see your document with the most recent version showing as available to click on to download.
- To look at previous versions, just go back to Step 1 – click Edit in the Version column.
Have fun and let us know if you have questions!
Effective immediately, foreign nationals employed in Abu Dhabi who wish to sponsor family members for initial or renewal dependent residence permits must submit a Tawtheeq (a residential lease registered in Abu Dhabi) In support of the application.
Read more here:
UNITED ARAB EMIRATES – Abu Dhabi Dependent Residence Permit Requires Abu Dhabi Tenancy Contract