PHILIPPINES – Cancellation of Alien Certificate of Registration Identity Card Requires Downgrading of Visa

The Bureau of Immigration has announced that, effective immediately, foreign nationals wishing to cancel their Alien Certificate of Registration I-Cards (ACR I-Cards) are first required to downgrade their visa to a 9(a) temporary visitor visa. Previously, the requirement to downgrade the visa to a 9(a) temporary visitor visa was not strictly enforced.

Read more here: